Sunday, June 5, 2016

CASEplorations June

Hello summer! Hello cardmaking lovelies! It's time for a new CASEplorations (we're coming to you on the 5th of the month now instead of the 1st - but you still have until the last day of the month to play!)

Our super sweet guest designer this month is the über-talented CAS cardmaker, Shelly Kurth of Simply Sweet Greetings. And this is the amazingly gorgeous card we've chosen to CASE this month at STAMPlorations.


I picked up on the overall design, the gold "frame", over-the-edge stamped images, the handwritten sentiment AND Shelly's color scheme. Why change a good thing, eh?


I used a circle die to pencil a circle on my card front. Used the negative of a circle die cut to mask it and stamped the butterflies from Vintage: Artful Flutters in pink.

Do you like the new frame from STAMPlorations? Not. I used one of the borders from Artsy Border Maker, curved it on an acrylic block to follow the line of my penciled circle and stamped it three times with Versamark. Then I heat embossed it gold like Shelly's frame.

I stamped my sentiment from Fond Expressions 2 with Archival Ink then did a light watercolor wash (wet in wet) around the butterflies.

Not as elegant as Shelly's card, but sweet nonetheless. The sketchiness of the border stamp was forgiving as I created my frame.

I hope you take a look at Shelly's CASE of her own card and the DT's cards over at STAMPlorations. And I'd love to see your take on Shelly's card in the gallery this month. Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

So soft and beautiful, Maria! Love!
Thanks so much for having me! :)

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful!

Darnell said...

I think it is quite elegant and I think you're a genius for doing that gold circle frame like you did! This is a beauty, Maria! Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I thought you used the artsy borders for your frame! Genius!

Anita in France said...

More than sweet, Maria ... it's lovely ... so soft and delicate! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card

cm said...

*Sweet*? No down-playing the soft, dreamy elegance of your card! The gold frame, the butterflies, the background....swooning!
hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...