Friday, November 14, 2014

joyful and happy

Hi folks. I'm wrapping up the week of play with the Joyful stamp set from STAMPlorations with a fun card. I mentioned previously that I was smitten with the teensy "ho!" stamp down in the right corner... well here's what I did with it.


I thought I was going to stamp "ho ho ho" onto the longer speech bubbles from PTI Bubble talk and then use the "happy" Christmas sentiment to underscore the fun. But then I opted for a whole lotta speech bubbles, including the ovals from Avery Elle Oh Yeah and just went with a single "ho".

I used various PPs from an old KI Memories Holiday pad. And the sentiments other than "ho" are from Sentiment Builders: Christmas.

And to spice it up just a bit, I added three silver star sequins. It's amazing how they, with their dimension and shine, take the card up a notch. So I'm going to join the party at Virginia's View Metallic Challenge. And at Inkspirational #69 where the cue word is Shine!


Next week I'll be hopping with the STAMPlorations DT girls showcasing the five stamp sets in the November release. They too are tons of fun and I've got a quiz for you. Take a gander at one of the new sets.


We have a special guest designer joining us next week with this stamp set. Any guesses at who it might be?

Enjoy your weekend and stay warm.

7 comments:

Kim M said...

I love this! Love how you showcased the little "ho!" stamp. And you are right, the stars do take it up a notch. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Deepti said...

This looks so cool and trendy :) superb designing !!

Shelly said...

Super fun card!!! Love it!

Shery Russ said...

So, so trendy and so hip!!! I love this card -- the speech bubbles are awesome!

Kim Heggins said...

Fun fun fun card!

Anita in France said...

Yep, those star sequins caught my eye straight away, Maria ... they're fab ... then I had fun exploring all those splendid speech bubbles ... very cool! Anita :)

Unknown said...

What a super creative card, Maria! Love your take on the challenge colors and the unusual use of the speech bubbles. Really brilliant! Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

Julia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...