Monday, July 21, 2014

STAMPlorations sketch #16



"You" ve got that right. It's time for a new sketch over at STAMPlorations. Here it is.


I went pretty literal this time. But knowing I wanted to use the inlaid die cut technique to get my shape extending outside of the solid strip, hearts came to mind. Here's what I did.


1. Used the SUBWAY ART BUILDERS: Dare and stamped the strip.
2. Die cut the hearts using Simon Says Stamp Large Hearts dies.
3. Removed the hearts and inked them with Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord.
4. Masked and inked the strip with Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers.
5. Splattered the card with Heidi Swapp gold spray ink.
6. Adhered CS panel to inside of card front.
7. Adhered hearts into the negative spaces.
8. Die cut Simon Says Stamp You die from violet glitter CS and adhered.

Hope you likey. A bit late for graduation season, but I think this could make a good card for a gal going off to college or starting a new job.

Have a look at the rest of the DT creations.  And check out what our guest designer Sue V. has for you. Show us what you've got over at Sketch Challenge #16. You could be our next guest designer!

Simon Says Spots and Dots this week over at the Wednesday challenge, so I'm taking my splatters there.


Supplies for you:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, glitter CS DCWV
Stamps: STAMPlorations
Ink : Distress, gold spray
Tools: heart dies and you die Simon Says Stamp
Other: 




22 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Bold, bright, and just beautiful, Maria! Am loving the inlaid hearts right down the sentiment strip. Awesome colors and brilliant to make the "you" all glittery!!! Another very cool card. Oh!, I saw you over at PC Mag today! Speaking of VERY COOL......! Congrats! Have a great week. Bev

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the gorgeous bright colors!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I sure likey! Likey everything - the colors, the inlaid die-cuts, the glittered you and the splatters!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! Very clever design! Love it!! Ingrid xx

Kim S said...

Beautifully done! I love the rich colors and your use of that "you" die with that meaningful subway art.

Irish Cherokee said...

Great going Maria. You covered just about everything with this one. A piece of art to be sure.

Shelly said...

Oh, wow! Gorgeous!!! Love the colors!

Deepti said...

O love the amazing color combination :) and I am so excited for being on yet another team with you. I guess you know how much I admire you and I am so proud to know you. Congrats on ur feature at Paper crafts :) U r amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. Love the rich colours. Very sumptuous yet funky card. Have a lovely day! Hugs Monika xxx

Tenia Nelson said...

Dude....this card.......AWESOME!!!

Loll said...

Wow Maria!! This is fabulous. LOVE the color combo and your design is awesome! Loll xx

~amy~ said...

LOVE this!

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing card! First, those colors are so vivid and gorgeous, second, what a fabulous design. I love those hearts over all the words, so beautiful.

Shery Russ said...

Wow, Maria -- I SO love this card! Amazing example of the inlaid die-cutting technique! The colors are great too!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love this design! Your inlaid hearts are so pretty (thanks for the how to info). Love the splatters of gold, too.

cm said...

Stunning card, Maria! The colour combination and inlaid hearts are so eye-catching! The die cut you and gold splatters: perfect special touches! My shopping in Bend: 'some' restraint *grin* - two packages of Micheal's #110 cardstock (both purchased on a gift card!), Prismacolour pencils (40% off coupon), two embossing folders, a package of cards/envelopes (super clearance cheap), Versafine black ink, tape for my adhesive thing, two TH stencils, Tombow glue and a couple more things. My mobile crafting unit increased this trip...Happy Tuesday!
~c

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous! Love the inlaid hearts, the colouring, the gold splatter (of course!), the glittery you - everything!

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Maria, so striking and the colours are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Kelly Griglione said...

Hmm, my HS gold spray ink spatters don't come out nearly as chunky as yours do. I must play with it some more. AWESOME die-cutting and stamping combination!!

Lindsey said...

Super love how this turned out! And I really enjoyed your feature on Moxie Fab. I always love your cards in the Papercrafts Magazines and smile big when I look down and see that you were the creator.

Anita in France said...

Yep, likey ... well, actually more than that ... it's gorgeous, Maria! Vibrant colours, those fabulous inset hearts, the glittery 'you' ... fantastic! Talking of glittery you ... during my catch up wanderings I've seen you here and there with your name in lights ... many congratulations ... how awesome! Anita :)

Kylie said...

wow! thanks for the step by step instructions. Beautiful colours!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...