Friday, February 7, 2014

STAMPlorations february challenge "stamps and stitches"

It's time for a new monthly challenge at STAMPlorations.  This month's theme is "Stamps and Stitches" (as in machine-stitched, hand-sewn, stamped or made with a pen - your choice!).


This is what I did.




Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card.  And I wanted to submit a card for the Native American feature of a submission call.  So I found this Tuscarora proverb, printed it out, stitched the paper to a cardbase and then stamped over the words with the brushstrokes from STAMPlorations Holiday Artsy clear stamp set echoing a rainbow.  My technique was generational stamping of Distress Inks misted with water.  I die cut some WPlus9 Clouds, inked the bottom edges with gray and adhered them.

Not publishworthy cuz... I'm guessing the too-dark brushstrokes or the too-small font or the wonky stitching. But it's off in the mail to, I hope, bring a tiny smile to my girlfriend's face.

Thanks for visiting.  Check out the other Stamped and Stitched cards from the DT and then play along.  There are prizes to be won, folks ;))

The February challenge winner will get:
1 package of Nantucket Wood Shapes (Pink Paislee), 1 package of Mixed Half Circle Chipboard Banner Album (Maya Road), 1 package of Winter's Roses - Aquamarine (Maya Road), 1 package of  Tranquility Sunflower Metal Slides (Maya Road), and 1 package of Mulberry Paper Flowers.




Supplies for Tuscarora proverb:
Paper:  cardbase The Paper Studio
Stamps: Stamplorations
Ink :Distress inks
Tools: sewing machine, cloud die WPlus9
Other: PC






10 comments:

Deepti said...

stunning is the word, love those swooshes of color!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. This is really lovely. Love the fading brushstrokes you stamped over the proverb. Great card. have a fab day! hugs Monika xxx

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Love all the colors.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely light and airy card!

Nonni said...

Beautiful, artsy card. Your color choices are great and I love the layout. I'm sure this will brighten your friend's day. xx

Lindsey said...

Simply amazing!

sandie said...

I love this set and you have used it beautifully here and a lovely sentiment x

shirley-bee said...

What a beautiful sympathy card! I may have to borrow this idea!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful card, I love how you have done the sentiment over the watercolour brush strokes. Very pretty.

Clare said...

This is so pretty and lovely! I'm sure your girlfriend will LOVE it!
Also, I just wanted to thank you for all your encouraging comments - seriously, they made me smile. :) And you know, it was your comment about publications that reminded me about that comparison quote, and so I had to put it on the blog and show you. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...