Saturday, February 8, 2014

hip hip hooray for ric (RIC, SSS, Neat and Tangled)


Ready for a threefer?  I wasn't.  It just happened. (And I didn't even make a card using my first idea!)  Meet the Temperly London dress from Runway Inspired Challenge #53.


Whoa! Definitely going to a party.  Definitely shimmery. Very symmetric, yet organic. That's what I got at least.  Oh, and Antique Linen, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers with black accents (Did you notice that glove???) Even if you don't play along, you must check out the DT cards. Extraordinaire, they are.

Meet hip #1.


I LOVE this.  Pun intended.  I've got this older Kelly Panacci stamp set, Love, and it's got the greatest images.  This one caught my eye for this card.  Back up... Flubidoo caught my eye.  Did you see her gorgeous creation for this challenge - the pink and purple distress inked panels?  Knew I had to do that.  And why not paired with bronze/glitter Zing? Screamed "artsy fartsy" image to me. Which brings us back to the Love set.

So, distress inking (spritzed with bronze Perfect Pearls for the coolest shimmer) plus heat embossed image just wasn't doing it.  My inner Aga thought about a Dymo label. But just the Dymo strip wasn't enough.  Enter the PP strip (discovered as I was searching for a folklore type print) and red heart.  Still wasn't enough, thus the "photo corners" with an organic edge.

Meet hip #2.


To mimic the symmetric but organic blooms outlined with black, I heat embossed with a floral BG stamp on Neenah CS and colored with Distress Inks in abovementioned colors. Die cut the sentiment from CS and backed it with a strip of the BG. The plain CS just wasn't doing it... had to add some inks and Glimmer Mist to make it party-worthy. And some jumbo sequins - why not?

So, ready for the party? Meet hooray.


This card happened cuz as I was looking for my purple sequins for hip #2, I stumbled across these sequins and they screamed "party banner" to me.  Which led to the "celebration" idea which led to the Neat and Tangled Party Dots stamp set.  Some Wink of Stella shimmer on the dots and voila.

OK, I'm done.

Well, hip #1 is also joining the fun at:
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Love Notes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Have a heart 
Little Tangles - Celebrate Love

Thanks for visiting.


Supplies for LOVE:
Paper:  cardbase The Paper Studio, Neenah CS, black scrap, PP DCWV
Stamps: Kelly Panacci
Ink : Distress inks, Versamark
Tools: heart die Amuse, Dymo
Other: bronze Perfect Pearls, bronze/glitter Zing embossing powder

Supplies for danke:
Paper: black and violet CS Bringmann
Stamps: BG CHF
Ink : Distress inks, Versamark, plum Glimmer Mist
Tools: alpha die MFT
Other: sequins

Supplies for let's celebrate:
Paper: CS Bringmann
Stamps: Neat and Tangled
Ink : Distress inks, Versamark
Tools: label die MFT
Other: sequins, crochet thread



27 comments:

Lindsey said...

Loved reading about what inspired you for each card. Each one is fabulous (awesome use of distress inks!), and I love different they all are. I gotta say, that sequins banner won me, though. I

Deepti said...

I just love ur last card :)u nailed it

Wida said...

the let's celebrate card is so cool! love the way the sequins lay!

Gabi MeWi said...

Die "Danke"-Karte ist der Knaller.

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria your cards are all so fantastic! Things are going well here, far to cold and snoy of a winter though--Sam does not like it at all. I can't believe that Ellie is 7 months! I bet she has completely stolen your heart!

Marlena M. said...

Each card is amazing Maria! I believe your celebrate card has stolen my heart though~Hey congrats on your recent win with SSS!!!

Michelle said...

These are attention-getters! Beautiful! I adore the string of sequins. Fabulous!

Heather Ruwe said...

great cards. love all the purple. thanks for playing along in the little tangles challenge!

Laura Sterckx said...

Beautiful card! The purple background is gorgeous! I love the gold sentiment and the pretty heart! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

aufspapiergebracht said...

Die drei Karten sind der Hammer!! Wow!
LG Elisabeth

Geri said...

Man, Maria...these are ALL so gorgeous! LOVE the color!!! That little banner on the last card is the cutest thing...especially with the party dots in the background! Adore that card!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Three fabulous and artsy cards in one post! Way to go! Can't tell which one I like best - each one is wonderful in it's own way!

alexandra s.m. said...

oh my Maria! The prompt really inspired you!
I love each version!
THank you~

shirley-bee said...

Love 'em all, but the party girl is definitely the third one! Love that sequin banner!

Anita in France said...

Oh my goodness, Maria ... rich and regal purple splendour ... wow! These are all stunning ... though my CAS loving heart's been stolen by the last one ... the sequin banner ... sigh ... bliss! Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Maria, all of your cards are just awesome! I mean seriously, that sequin banner on the last one - just genius! Am so humbled by the words on your post about my card - thanks for the shout out - so glad you shared your cards with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous set of cards - just adore the sequin banner winding its way across the third one!

Karen Davis said...

My goodness! Three very original takes on the challenge Maria. All are amazing.

Unknown said...

These are fun, fun, fun! Love that last one with the garland of gorgeous sequins! How about that glove! Never noticed it until you pointed it out and now I can't take my eyes off of it!!!

Clare said...

These are all so bangin!! Fo reals! I'm usually not a fan of purple, but wow! You really made it shine here! Gotta say that the danke card is my fave - such a cool background pattern!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
Love your "love you" card above! Thanks for using our clear stamps again. I shared your image on our facebook page. Thanks for continuing to inspire us! Cheers, Kelly
https://www.facebook.com/kellypanacci

Joni Andaya said...

WOW AMAZINGNESS!!! Awesome projects Maria!!! Me too so in love with this color. Gorgeous projects girly! My fave is the fave one :)

Cris G. said...

All your cards are beautiful, Maria, but my favorite is the last one. Love those striped sequins with the not centered hole, and the way you placed them. I noticed the non-traditional gloves... they are almost "snettim": the opposite of mittens. Not funny, I know.

Jessica Pascarella said...

Very cute! Love the gold! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

Betty said...

Alles drei Karten schauen super aus und die Farbkombinationen sind auch maga schön. Danke für's Mitspielen bei Little Tangels und ich hoffe du bist beim nächsten Mal auch wieder dabei. LG

Tracy Ercole said...

Your cards are great! Love those jumbo sequins. Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles.

Taheerah said...

Three absolute stunners Maria! Each one so different! I did notice that glove, but as you know from my post I was on a mission with a certain other design... ;-) I love the last one the most - those playful sequins and clean layout just do it for me. Thanks for joining in with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...