Wednesday, March 13, 2013

somber ombre watercolor (Moxie Fab, Passion for Papertrey, SSS)

Unfortunately, it's one of those times when I need a sympathy card.  Second one recently.  Ever heard deaths come in threes?  I think there might be something to that.  Shudder.

Well, I'd seen this photo from design seeds.  Minimalistic and very positive actually.  So I went with it for sympathy cards.

Image Source
Noticing the blurry background and the grays in the color palette, I decided to try ombre watercoloring.



Because I haven't played at Passion for Papertrey for awhile, I decided to give their current "50 Shades of Gray" challenge a go.  Used a PTI die for the leaves (Lovely Layers and Tweet Talk!) which I cut from paper I'd also watercolored with various shades of green.  The second card has a PTI sentiment too.

And Simon Says "A Bit o' Green".  OK.

Also linking up to the Moxie Fab Card Creations Week Ombre Challenge.

Have a good one.



Supplies sympathy cards:
Paper: CS Neenah, watercolor paper
Stamps: Mia's Stempelkuche, PTI
Ink : Versafine 
Tools:  watercolors and paintbrush, tree die SSS, other dies PTIl
Other: 

13 comments:

Joy said...

Beautiful CAS card.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jingle said...

Oh, wow! These are really pretty!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful.....I love the water coloring!

Cheryl said...

These are gorgeous! I love that tree die, and your watercolored background and leaves are beautiful.

Betty said...

Very nice CAS-Card ... Your coloring is better than mine :-)

Melissa said...

L-O-V-E...I have nothing more to say! :)

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful card.
I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Karen Dunbrook said...

nice artsy feel to your pretty card...

alexandra s.m. said...

The most beautiful "Sympathy" cards I have ever seen ;-)
TFS~

Kelly Griglione said...

Totally blown away ... so GLAD I stopped by this morning. The last sympathy card is incredible!!!! Pinning.

Aimes said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your need to make a sympathy card. However, I love the results - beautiful!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey! :)
Hugs!
x

Caryn said...

Sorry you are having to make those sorts of cards - I hope that's the end of your run of sad news though and your card is elegant and stylish - perfect for the "occasion". Thanks for joining us at A Passion for Papertrey.
hugs,
Caryn x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...