Friday, November 2, 2012

them there hills (WMS, SCS)



You know... "the best laid plans of mice and men...".
This is the sketch at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challege:


I knew I wanted to combine this sketch with HYCCT#1212 "Start Spreading the News."  Can you guess what the challenge is?  Make a card based on a show tune.  Can you guess what movie tune I had in mind?


Do I hear Julie Andrews singing somewhere?  Somewhere in the "hills"?

Yep, them there hills are alive with the sound of music.  One minor detail... no sheet music worked in here as originally planned.  This one just flowed.  Tried a new-for-me-approach.  Pulled out my WMS stamp sets (although you can now enter their challenges even if you don't use WMS stamps!) and had my die cut hills and just went from there.  Fun!

Die cut and stamped the hills.  Masked off the spot for the sun.  Stamped the sky.  Stamped the sun with pigment ink and embossed with clear.  Stamped the label, embossed with white and fussy cut.  Die cut and stamped the little house.  Stamped the sentiment on the cardbase and part of the "Y" on the hill piece for interest.  And then it was dark and I had to take a photo inside :(

Can you find ""Nordic Winter", "Large Doily", "Pic-Nic patterns", "Around Christmastime", "Heirloom Patterns" and "French Country"?  They're all there.  I used all six sets!  This was super fun to make - if I hadn't been interrupted five times in the process!

Thanks for visiting.


Supplies for You:
Paper: cardbase Papermania, CS Coredinations, PP recycled
Stamps: WMS
Ink : Distress Ink, Cat's Eye to emboss, Versafine
Tools:die Memory Box, PTI
Other: vellum, embossing powder (clear and white)

2 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is just lovely! The scene is so pretty, and I love the sun!

Unknown said...

och I love this, so bright and cheery! LOVE that yellow embossing! and it all flows together beautifully even though you used 6 sets!! Many thanks for playing along with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...