Tuesday, July 10, 2012

wedding bells all around

Thought I'd share a couple wedding cards with you that I have made.  Really makes me feel old when friends' kids start getting married!


This is by no means an original idea, but I thought it was cute.  Adhered PP to card front after wrapping a funky ribbon (the color looks gold but it's kind of an olive/gold) around it.  Die cut the hearts and turned them into the bride (jewels) and groom (bow tie).  Decided to package this one in a vellum envelope to let the beauty shine thru ;) so I embossed a sentiment on it too.

Then there was this one, made for a friend's grandson.


 Scored the front panel with diagonal lines, creating diamond pattern, then stamped the little heart in all the "Vs".  Die cut oval and stamped main image.  Colored little heart and added pearls and lace before attaching.

I didn't photograph it, but on the inside I attached a piece of white paper onto which I printed a faded image of my friend with her grandson when he was little.  She is holding him and they are both grinning from ear to ear.  On this she sheet of paper she wrote her greeting.  She loved the card.  Apparently he and his young bride did too.  I was a happy camper.

And a while back I made a few more cards and said I'd let you know which one my friend decided on.  She actually took two because there were two nephews getting married.  This one went to the one marrying a Mexican gal:


A focal image modeled with paper napkin layers on a foam stamp and some fun stitching, pearls and a homemade bloom.  And this one (blogged here) went to the nephew marrying a Belgian gal.



 Happy summer vacation. And summer weddings.

Supplies happily ever after:
Paper: CS American Crafts; PP me and my big ideas
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Versafine
Tools:   die Sizzix, embossing folder Cuttlebug
Other: embossing powder, ribbon, bling
 
Supplies True Love:
Paper: CS American Crafts; Neenah
Stamps:   BoBunny
Ink: Cat's Eye; Versamagic , Versafine
Tools: score board, die Spellbinders
Other:  lace, pearls
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...