Saturday, June 9, 2012

a rose is a rose adios (TCM)

The grand finale!  Here is the last of my rose cards.  As well as the packaging for this card set.  Tomorrow is the bday brunch!  Fittingly, for card #10 I used the sketch from The Craft's Meow.  After all, "the rose" is from them.



You may have to look hard to find it, but I really did use the sketch.

Thought I was going to use PP for the rose, but couldn't resist "coloring" one last time.  I shoulda used PP :( 
I wanted a pale yellow rose.  Started with Squeezed Lemon Distress.  It's not pale.  So I added some shimmering watercolors.  Again.  Looks really splotchy, eh?  Oh well, the shimmer IRL kinda makes up for that.

Cut a "label" die from PP.  Stamped the card base (note the "Gracias" peeking out above the label) and "Thanks" sentiment and distressed them with Tea Dye Distress.  Stitched the label on.  Added the rose and then the sentiment with dimensional adhesive and glued a bow of scrunched seam binding at the bottom of the label.

This is the finished product.


Happy weekend to ya.



SuppliesThanks
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, PP DCWV
Stamps: The Crafts Meow, BG CHF,  sentiment Hero Arts
Ink: Versamagic, Distress Ink Ranger
Tools: die Spellbinders, sewing machine
Other: seam binding
 

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely awesome...I love the stitching..adds a fun touch! Thanks for playing with us at The Craft's Meow!

Vicky Hayes said...

Hi Maria - I've been having a lovely browse through your rose cards and they are wonderful! My absolute favourite has to be that gorgeously delicate vellum rose with the rhinestone centre - beautiful!

Clare said...

The sewing is such a nice touch, and what a pretty flower!

M said...

So sad that you've finished your rose cards.. they have all been so beautiful, but like Vicky my favourites have been the vellums. Look forward to seeing what you do next. M x

Mad for Paper said...

Beautiful card. I love all the texture in the different layers.
Ang

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Maria! I found your blog by way of the Craft's Meow Challenge, and saw your commenting inviting us to stop by and see your work. I'm so glad I did, and I really enjoyed seeing your work. Thanks for the invite. I'd love to follow your blog (if that's OK with you), and I'd like to invite you to visit and follow mine as well.
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
Thanks for the invite, Maria. So nice to find your lovely blog.
I also have a challenge blog if you'd like to play along. It's double prize week.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com (and this card you've made would be perfect)

Gemiel said...

What a beautiful card. The yellow rose is so pretty and I love the stitching and the bow. Thanks so much for linking up at Word Art Wednesday this week.

Wendy Swenne said...

Cute card. Love the stitching on the top.

Thanks so much for playing along with us on WAW.

Wendy

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! LOVE the added stitching!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so wonderful!!! I see the sketch! Love that little bit of stitching. Finishes it off perfectly!

Unknown said...

I love how you layer tags like this...so beautiful. I can see the sketch in your card no problem. Great take on the challenge! :)

Geri said...

That rose IS lovely! And I love the script background, too! So pretty...I'll have to check out your other roses!!

Geri said...

Loved AALLLL the roses!!;)

Jess S said...

The roses were lovely to see. :) You're one of my random 10 for Out and About in the Moxie Fab World. Loved seeing what you create :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...