Sunday, May 27, 2012

lacy gingham spatter (DIY embellies)

The oh-so-fun challenges at Moxie Fab, Card Creations, Gingham, Spatter Technique and Doilies and Lace have been making cardmaking more enjoyable again.

(And I must admit, also the rules and consequences we established for DS and DD, which definitely take some of the stress out of parenting.  Should you be experiencing similar stress, may I recommend The Total Transformation.  As well as this site.)

Anyho, back to the fun stuff.  See this butterfly? 


She used to be the lacy layer on the bridesmaid dress I wore for BFF's wedding. Twenty five years ago...

The dress got shortened and did a stint in DD's dress-up box.  Now I believe it's up in the attic.  What I cut off I put into my fabric collection.  And when Cath said to use lace I decided to pull it out.


Started by die cutting the butterfly from the lace and then from a piece of turquoise paper to Mod Podge it onto.  Added some glitter while still wet too.  A snip of lace, a button and some button twine and she was ready to flutter off.

Also made a flower from some polka dot fabric and a snippet of white lacy fabric.  Added a scrap of the turquoise lace to the center.  Added some dimension by heating the flower to crinkle a couple layers.  Love to do that.

Dry embossed the leaves onto the front panel.  (Check this video to see how to make your own "embossing folders".)  Added some spatter with shimmery watercolors.  Absolutely not happy with those spatters.  I'd love to know Aga's secret - she is, for me, the queen of spatter.

Stamped my sentiment onto a die cut gingham ric rac and attached with stitching.  Attached the flower and butterfly.  Don't really know what motivated me to add the funky gray artistic strokes around the outside edge, but I did...

This became a birthday card for DD's riding teacher so I gussied up the gift bag to match.


Thanks for looking.  Happy long weekend - it's actually a holiday in Germany too.  Whitsunday.


Supplies Sending Warmest Wishes!:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette, CS American Crafts, PP Pink Petticoat
Stamps: sentiment The Craft's Meow, flourish Rubbernecker, "a" Hero Arts
Ink:gray and blue Versacolor
Tools: paintbrush, butterfly die Memory Box, leaf die Sizzix,  circle punch EKS, butterfly punch Martha Stewart, sewing machine, Mod Podge
Other: shimmery watercolors, fabrics



1 comment:

Geri said...

COOL card, Maria! Love the teal and gray together, the splattering and the awesome butterfly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...