Wednesday, May 9, 2012

do it for CASual Fridays

OK, if you saw my earlier post today you're probably real surprised to see me again today!  Let me add, I wrote that post yesterday morning but couldn't get Blogger to upload my photo until I tricked it today.

In the meantime I was checking my reader and saw that Casual Fridays is celebrating birthday numero uno.   Whudda thunkit?  They are so classy over there, I -being relatively new in this milieu - thought they'd been around for years.  (Wonder if those ladies ever get their mojo knocked out of them?)

Anyhoo, not that my mojo is back.  But I cased myself and made 'em a bird-day card.


Distress inked the BG after heat embossing the clouds.  Attached the die cut tree and the birds cut apart from the Martha Stewart border punch.  Ripped some PP and attached it as grass.  Added glitter glue as I did on my original card's winter scene, but should have skipped that step :(
Stamped the sentiment -  I'm a sucker for birds, what can I say?  Inked edges and attached to card base.

Hope your day is happy.  And here's to many more CAS-ual Fridays.




Supplies happy bird-day:
Paper: cardbase Buttinette,  CS Neenah and Coredinations, PP Basic Grey
Stamps: cloud Sassafras, sentiment Basic Grey
Ink: Distress Ink Ranger, Memento
Tools: tree die Memory Box, border punch Martha Stewart
Other: clear embossing powder, glitter glue, foam dots

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

soooooo tweet:)

Pia S said...

Oh, WOW! Love this scene! The glittery grass is a great detail!

Julia Aston said...

Love all the pretty birds in your tree!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Maria! What a CUTE and GORGEOUS scene that you had created! Love the pink birds and rolling hills with GLITTER...if only the real ones look like this:)! I love it! So glad that you join the birthday celebration with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Gayatri said...

Aww! How beautiful is this? Love the glitter on the grass and so many birdies :) beautiful scene you have created. And the punny sentiment too :) Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Friday!

Stephanie Washburn said...

SO pretty! LOVE all the little details! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays! ;)

Debby said...

Fab punny card! Love those little pink birds! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow! REally neat, Maria, and classy too, befitting the ladies at CF. Love the distressed grass!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...