Monday, March 26, 2012

another year older... and wiser

Yes I am.  Had to take a break from cards for some weekend partying.  Not hard to do with the summer weather we've been having.  And as a kid in MI,  I used to have to worry about whether my bday party would have to be cancelled due to heavy snowfall...


Anyho, this is my fourth card for the bday celebration at The Craft's Meow.  It's how I feel too... grateful for a wonderful life.  It's for the sketch challenge.  I took liberties...



Wanted to use the negative of a circle die cut to frame the digi image from TCM.  It's a freebie here.  So I'm considering the front piece my "center strip".  Then I attached the front to a PP piece for the inside of the card and to show through the decorative edge.  That's my "green".  Like I said, liberties. 

Colored the image with many different red/orange/pink tones of pencils.  Used some K&Co vintage style PP so also inked up edges with red and orange Distress Inks.

As for the title of my post.  Older, definitely.  Wiser, I'd like to think so.  Have a good one.


Supplies Truly Grateful:
Paper: CS American Crafts, PP K&Co
Stamps: digital The Craft's Meow
Ink: Distress Ink, colored pencils
Tools: border punch Martha Stewart, die Spellbinders
Other: dimensional pads

7 comments:

Barb King said...

This is really nice, love the coloring, i dont use colored pencils, but I think I should get them out. The textured paper you used under the stamp gives a nice effect. You asked about my organization system with the file folders. It has yet to be seen how it works, give me a few weeks and I can let you know. Since those folders are such a nice size, at least they dont take up a lot of space. Happy Birthday, I hope you enjoyed your day!
Barb

Unknown said...

beautiful card my friend. happy birthday to you. i hope it was awesome :)

Chunyuan said...

beautiful card.

Jay Gee said...

Happy Belated birthday Maria. Wonderful card, love the colours :)

~amy~ said...

Happy belated! Awesome take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at The Craft's Meow!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty! Happy belated birthday, too! MIne is 3/17.

Karen B. said...

Hope you had a great birthday! What a wonderful way to use the digi, and you've colored it so beautifully! Thanks for playing at The Craft's Meow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...